Transfer FAQ

Print      Apply

How can I find out which of my courses will transfer?

We completely understand that one of the biggest questions you have is how your time at another institution will affect your time here. We try to make the process very simple—just send us a copy of your transcripts and we′ll conduct an evaluation. After it has been completed, we′ll send you a copy and a transfer counselor will contact you to review the evaluation.

What is the admissions process for transfer students?

The first step is to fill out the application and essays. Then send us a copy of your college transcripts, as well as your high school transcripts and SAT or ACT Scores. Geneva′s transfer counselor is here to help you through the process, so if you have any questions about the process, don′t hesitate to contact them.

What should I do once I've been accepted?

The most important step is to secure your place at Geneva by submitting your deposit. If you will be commuting, the deposit is $100. If you will be living on campus, it is $250. You can do this by calling your transfer counselor or submitting a deposit online. Go to

How many credits will be needed to complete my degree?

To complete your Geneva College degree, it is required that you complete at least one-third of the core curriculum and one-third of the major requirements. To know exactly how your courses will transfer to Geneva, send your transcript (official or unofficial) to the Geneva College Admissions Office and an evaluation of your credits will be completed.

Are there scholarships for transfer students?

YES! Transfers with a college GPA of 3.0 or higher will receive Geneva′ s Alumni Scholarship of $10,000 per year. This scholarship is also renewable by maintaining a 3.0 or higher at Geneva. For more information about your financial aid eligibility, be sure to use our Financial Aid Calculator for Transfers.

What graduation requirements will I need to fulfill at Geneva?

We require that 30% of the core and major courses are taken at Geneva College. In addition, there are certain classes that must be taken at Geneva. For a complete list, you can see our transfer policy here.

How can I obtain a copy of my high school transcripts and SAT or ACT scores?

Great question. All you need to do is contact your school district or homeschooling agency and they will send one to us or will provide you with an official copy to send our way.

What is the Confidential Transfer Reference form?

The Confidential Transfer Reference form is a quick way for us to check with the Student Life office at your institution to ensure that you are cleared to attend Geneva. We want to do everything we can to make your transition to Geneva easier, and this form helps us achieve that goal.

Can someone help me pick classes for the next semester at my current institution?

We would be happy to help you! Give your transfer counselor a call and he or she will help you pick classes. This process is easier if you have already had your transcripts evaluated, so send those in as soon as possible so you can receive the most accurate information.

Is there an orientation program for transfer students?

Yes, we do offer the Welcome Week orientation program. All new students will arrive on campus a few days before the returning students to become acquainted with campus, classmates and the whole Geneva community.

I'm looking to start during the spring semester. When do I come to campus?

Classes for the spring semester usually begin around mid-January.

What is the May@Geneva term?

May@Geneva is a fantastic summer-term option that can help you to keep on track with different credit options. Classes offered include key courses for the Core and certain majors, as well some great electives and travel courses. If you would like more information, visit

Does Geneva provide any services specifically for transfer students?

Yes. The Student Development Department includes a Commuter and Transfer Student Services Office. The staff′s primary role is to make sure that you feel connected to the Geneva community as a student.

If I live on campus, do I have to live in first-year housing?

Our Residence Life Office does its best to put transfer students in upperclassmen housing whenever possible. When you are filling out your housing questionnaire, indicate your preference and they will do their best to accommodate you.

Do you provide services for students with disabilities?

Yes we do! Our ACCESS Office is equipped to help students with a wide range of physical and learning disabilities. If you′d like to get in touch with an ACCESS staff member, let your Admissions Counselor know and they′ll be happy to set that up for you.