In various emergencies, it might become necessary to evacuate a building. If this happens:
- Evacuate immediately if you hear an alarm or are asked to do so.
- Take personal belongings with you that you can quickly gather and easily carry.
- Close, but do not lock, all classroom and office doors. Turn off all gas and other equipment or machines in labs that might pose a hazard.
- Follow the specific evacuation route in the building. Do not use elevators during a fire or earthquake. At other times, reserve the elevators for individuals unable to use the stairs.
- Calmly assemble at the designated outdoor assembly point or, if it is unsafe, the alternate outdoor assembly place or indoor assembly location.
- Do not reenter the building or leave the assembly area until you are instructed or released to do so.