Tips and Resources
- Provide students and their parents/guardians with resources such as viewbooks, website information and financial aid brochures that include academic scholarships, federal/state aid, and different loan options
- Take an interest in the colleges to which your students are applying
- Known when and where your students can register to take the SAT or the ACT
- Help students understand the value of a college or career-school education, beyond higher earning potential
- Attend a local college fair with your students, or organize one with other school counselors in your area
Listed below are outside sources that are beneficial in educating students on choosing the college that is the best fit.
- Financial Literacy Resources-provided by the Geneva College Financial Aid Office
- SAT/College Board for Professionals-a resource center for school professionals to better understand how to tailor help to each student′s needs, such as AP scores, first-generation students, part-time employment for high school students, etc.