- Music Scholarship and Audition Info
We seek to develop within our graduates skills in the following five areas:
- A broad appreciation of the humanities, sciences, and other arts, in order to understand the significance and impact of music to individuals and societies.
- A detailed comprehension of the logic and context of music to provide critical insight into musicianship, writing and composition, analysis, music's social context, critical writing, style and the creative framework within which music operates.
- Competence in the individual and group performance of music involving both private and class lessons in voice, piano, percussion, and a variety of brass, reed, and string instruments; choral groups and marching band.
- The development of marketable professional skills in music by choosing one of our four major tracks with the goal of significant vocational contribution to the Kingdom of Christ in mind.
- The ability to articulate and/or demonstrate a comprehensive philosophy of music, embodied in all courses, and in performances, finding application in all of life′s work.
The fundamental purpose of the Department of Music at Geneva College is to prepare graduates who are able to critique musical life from a Christian perspective and transform it into a Biblical pattern.
Office: Alumni Hall