Office Phone: 724-847-6796
Disciplines/Field of Instruction
- Dean of Graduate, Adult and Online Programs since 2014
- Assistant Professor and Program Director for Human Resources, and Organizational Development, and Organizational Leadership majors of Adult Degree Programs (ADP) since 2007
- Director of Online Education since 2012
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychology & Human Services
- Geneva College has played an important part of life for over 25 years now. I first arrived on campus from hometown of Scranton, Pennsylvania, in 1988 as a freshman. I am a two-alum of Geneva College, completing both my undergraduate degree in sociology, and my master′s degree in organizational leadership.
- Before coming to Geneva College to teach, I spent 15 years in the private sector, working for the first eight years as a social worker. I then moved into administrative level positions in the non-profit sector, and have firsthand experience in strategic planning, human resource management, marketing, fundraising, and leading organizational change initiatives.
- I have been teaching in adult education since 2001 and in addition to teaching in ADP, I have taught traditional undergraduate business classes (at the Community College of Butler County), business classes at Bluefield College (Virginia) and graduate level classes in Geneva College′s Master's in Cardiovascular Technology program. In addition, I have taught several psychology classes in Geneva College's traditional undergraduate program.
- Master of Science in Organizational Leadership, 2000, Geneva College Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, 1992, Geneva College.
- Master of Arts in Business Administration (MBA), 2010, Northcentral University.
- HRS/ORD 440 - Dynamics of Groups
- HRS/ORD 430 - Organizational Analysis
- HRS/ORD 432 - Research & Resources
- HRS/ORD 434 - Research Methods
- HRS/ORD 436 - Data Analysis & Display
- HRS/ORD 438 - Organizational Change
- HRS 451 - Intro to Human Resources
- HRS 453- Human Resources II
- HRS 458 - Current issues in HR
- HRS 457 - Management & Supervision
- HRS 445 - Theory of Adult Learning
- HRS 470 - Senior Seminar
- HRS/ORD 441 - Business & Interpersonal Communication
- HRS/ORD 443 - Training and Development
- ORD 461 - OD Planning
- CVS 622 - Biostatistics & Epidemiology (graduate level)
- CVS 626 - Principles of Healthcare Administration (graduate level)
- PSY 253 - Adulthood & Aging
- PSY 404 - Personality
- PSY 250 - Lifespan Development
- PSY 251 - Child Development
- HSV 202 - Human Diversity
- ADL 445 - Theory of Adult Learning
- A Biblical Approach to Understanding Group Dynamics(2008, Geneva College).
- The Biblical Integration of Management & Supervision (2008, Geneva College).
- The Biblical Integration of Business & Interpersonal Communication (2009, Geneva College).
- Resistance to Organizational Change, Employee Stress, and Implications to Leadership (2009, Geneva College).
- Does God Have a Plan? And If So, What Is It? A Look at Strategic Planning From a Biblical Perspective (2009, Geneva College).
- A Macro-Level Approach to Integrating Faith in an Accelerated Degree Completion Program for Adults (2010, Council for Christian Colleges & Universities).
- I′ll follow; you lead: Why is followership such a dirty word? (2013, LeadershipLink Magazine)
- Since 2014, I have been serving as the Dean of Graduate, Adult and Online Programs. In this new role, I am working to develop new majors and programs to expand the reach of Geneva College and enable non-traditional and graduate students to receive a Geneva education. One area I am particularly excited about is the development of fully online majors for working adult students. Since 2013, I have supervised the creation of three fully online majors in our Adult Degree Programs (ADP), and am currently working on several more, in addition to putting our first graduate programs (MBA and Master of Science in Organizational Leadership) online. I am so honored to be pioneering this effort with a talented and dedicated team of people who are seeking to create rigorous, Christ-centered online programs that embody the excellence found on Geneva College′s campus.
- I am married to Christine (Geneva College class of ′94 & M.Ed. Special Ed ′02) and live on College Hill with our daughter Selah and large yellow lab, Gideon and Labradoodle/Golden Retriever, Samson. I enjoy Apple computers, videogames, and making scented candles with my daughter.