Office Phone: 724-847-6722
Disciplines/Field of Instruction
- Ph.D. in Inorganic Chemistry, March 1985, The University of Connecticut.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, June 1979, Geneva College.
- CHM 111 - General College Chemistry
- CHM 232 - Quantitative Analytical Chemistry
- CHM 304 - Inorganic Chemistry
- SCS 110 - Introduction to the Natural Sciences
- CHM 421 - Chemistry Seminar
- “Synthesis, Characterization, and Fischer-Tropsch Studies of Iron-Containing Zeolites”, Journal of Catalysis 1984.
- “Photocatalysis in Organized Media: Olefin Isomerization via Photolysis of Metal Carbonyls in Zeolites”, Inorganic Chemistry 1985.
- “Preparation of Highly Dispersed Metal Atom Clusters in Zeolites Via Microwave Discharge Methods”, Journal of Catalysis 1986
- “Dispersed Cobalt-Containing Zeolite Fischer-Tropsch Catalysts”, Journal of Catalysis 1987.
- Ring open metathesis polymerizations in d-limonene: a renewable polymerization solvent and chain transfer agent for the synthesis of alkene macromonomers., Macromolecules, 2006
- Analysis of lead in gasoline
- Laser ablation ICP analysis of surfaces
- Absorption of gases on activated carbon by Thermal Gravimetric Analysis
Awards & Distinctions Received
- Samuel W. Bodman Award for Excellence, Cabot Corporation, 2002.
- Linde Award for Excellence, Praxair Corporation, 1989.
Affiliations, e.g., membership in professional organizations, etc.
- The American Chemical Society
- The American Scientific Affiliation
Miscellaneous, e.g., hobbies, sports, personal info, etc.
- Playing guitar in church worship band, writing and playing contemporary musical settings of the Psalms, Old and New Testament passages and other Christian songs
- Travelled on mission trips to Tennessee, Tanzania, and the Dominican Republic