Office Phone: 724-847-6534
Disciplines/Field of Instruction
- Special Education
- Elementary Education
- Educational Administration
- Ph.D., Kent State University
- M.S., The University of Dayton
- B.S., Kent State University
- Active Teaching Licensures: Special Education PK-12; Elementary Education 1-8; Supervisor; Elementary Principal; Middle School Principal; High School Principal
- EDU 470/570 - Advanced Studies in Special Education
- EDU 471/571 - Assessment in Special Education
- EDU 576 - Severe and Profound Disabilities
- EDU 571 - Teacher Evaluation
- EDU 211 - Educational Psychology
- ENG 402 - Teaching Language Arts, 4-8
- SSC 402 - Teaching of Social Studies, 4-8
- “David Barton and The Common Core Standards”, CEAI event - member of panel representing teachers, Middleburg Heights, Ohio, May, 2014
- “The Call to Advocacy” Teachers of Vision, Fall 2013
- My Testimony is published in Clara V. Ruffin′s “Wisdom from the Briar Patch: Classroom Stories, Profiles, and Poetry Straight from the Heart” 2012
- Reviewed and wrote an endorsement for Donovan Graham′s book “Making a Difference: Christian Educators in Public Schools," 2011
- “The Call to Advocacy” paper presented at Geneva College, 2011
- “Teaching, Curriculum, & Prayer” at American Spirit Academy, Professional Development, East Liverpool, OH, 2010
- “Building Effective Teams” Ohio CWA Leadership Conference, Cincinnati, OH, 2009
- “Religion in the Public School” Family Night Seminar, Brighton Twp, PA, 2009
- “Prayer: Our Call to Action” Michigan State Educators Convention, Mason, MI, 2009
- “Being Salt and Light – Service Learning” paper presented at ICCTE Conference @ Gordon College, Wenham, MA, 2008
- Adult Learning Theories: Impacting Professional Development Programs. The Delta Kappa Gamma Bulletin, 2006
- Implementing a Curriculum: A Framework using Diffley′s Levels of Readiness. Presented with Squires, D. A.; Diffley, W.; Labas, G., Hiscox, D.; Pezzano, P.; Villar, J.; Lehman, L. at the Faculty Research Conference of Central Connecticut State University, New Britian, CT., 2005
- The Balanced Curriculum: Implementation Strategies from Three Districts. Presented with Squires, D.A.; Pezzano, P.; Villar at the Faculty Research Conference of Central Connecticut State University, 2005.
- Effective Education for All Students. Paper presented with Eriksson, L.; Shea, H; Rittenour, A. at the Pennsylvania Council of Exceptional Children Hershey, PA. 2006.
- I am researching the Common Core Standards, School Reform, Changes in the field of Education, the importance of School Leadership and the attribute of kindness.
Affiliations, e.g., membership in professional organizations, etc.
- Delta Kappa Gamma Society International
- Kappa Delta Pi Honor Society for Education
- Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
- Christian Educators Association International, State Director
- Council of Exceptional Children
Miscellaneous, e.g., hobbies, sports, personal info, etc.
- I enjoy reading and spending time with family. Previous employment includes the following positions in East Liverpool City Schools: Special Education Teacher, East Liverpool High School and East Elementary; Language Arts Teacher at East Liverpool Middle School; Principal at LaCroft Elementary. I was also an Adjunct Professor at Kent State University, East Liverpool Campus.