Office Phone: 724-847-6619
Disciplines/Field of Instruction
- Director, MBA Program
- D.B.A. Finance, 2009, Anderson University
- MBA Finance, 1984, University of Iowa
- B.A. Accounting, 1982, Dordt College
- ACC 256 - Managerial Accounting
- ACC 350 - Accounting Systems and Application
- ACC 357 - Taxation
- ACC 365 - Financial Statement Analysis
- BUS 400 - Biblical Management & Business Ethics
- BUS 510 - Financial Management
- BUS 515 - Financial & Managerial Accounting
- BUS 516 - Valuation & Investment Decisions
Awards & Distinctions Received
- Calvin Award, Dordt College, 2004
- CMA (Certified Management Accountant), Institute of Certified Management Accountants, 1995
- CCM (Certified Cash Manager), Association for Financial Professionals, 1989
- CPA, Iowa Board of Accountancy, 1984
Affiliations, e.g., membership in professional organizations, etc.
- Member American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member Institute of Management Accountants
- Member Iowa Society of CPAs
Miscellaneous, e.g., hobbies, sports, personal info, etc.
- Seven years of experience with McGladrey & Pullen (national public accounting firm) and 2 years of experience with McGrath Automotive Group as Vice President of Finance. First teaching experience was with the University of Iowa beginning in 1984.
- Mostly happily married (Jean) with 10 children, 50% of which are still in the nest. Attempting to home school, the final success rate to be determined. "The proof is in the pudding" as my father used to say.
- Taught internationally in China (seven times), Canada, South Africa, Thailand, and Indonesia (internship coordinator). Special affinity to China as our five adopted children are from China.
- Active member of Christ PCA and the Vander Plaats extend our hearty welcome to all students who are interested in attending.