Office Phone: 724-847-6555
Disciplines/Field of Instruction
- Physical Education/Sport Management/Athletics
- Ph.D., 1997, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
College of Education (Physical Education - Teacher Education)
Cognate: Coaching Effectiveness
- M.S., 1980, University of Dayton, Dayton, OH
Master Teacher in Physical Education with Principal S Certification
- B.A., 1978, Cedarville College, Cedarville, OH
Major in Physical Education (K-12) and Minor in Health (7-12)
- PED/SPM 205 - Coaching Practicum/Sport Management Practicum
- SPM 101 - Introduction to Sport Management
- SPM 206 - Governance and Organization of Sport
- SPM 302 -Facility Management and Design
- PED 103 - Physical Fitness
- Fitness and sport activity courses (Frisbee games, Basketball, Volleyball, Racquetball
Contributions to Books:
- Zuidema, M. (Ed.). (2006). Physical Education K-2 and Physical Education 3-5 (4th ed.). Grand Rapids, MI: Christian Schools International.
- Tuuk, D., & Bratt, W. (2005). 1953-2003 Golden Years. Calvin's First Half-Century in the MIAA. Calvin Alumni Association.
- Gall, K.R. (February, 2013). Integrity. NCCAA monthly email publication.
- Gall, K.R. (2009). Seven Practical Suggestions for Coaching at Any Level in the 21st Century. Strategies 23,
- Gall, K.R. (April, 2006) A Lesson from that One Man Out of Ten. Christian Educator′s Journal.
- Gall, K.R. (February, 2006). Respecting Appropriate Boundaries Between Coaches and Athletes. Christian Educator′s Journal.
- Gall, K.R. (Fall, 2005). History of the Calvin College Physical Education Program. MAHPERD Journal.
- Gall, K.R. (Spring, 2005). Youth Sports-Pros & Cons. HPE 4 ME Newsletter. Baptist Bible College.
- Gall, K.R. (December, 2004). Eureka Moments Each Day. Christian Educator′s Journal.
- Gall, K.R. (June 1, 2012). ‘Gender Equity/Program Balance′. National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA) Convention.
- Gall, K.R. (June 2011). ‘Dual Affiliation – NCAA & NCCAA′ panel discussion. NCCAA Convention.
- Gall, K. R. & Brown, E. (November 9, 2007). Children on the Move. Mid-Atlantic Christian Schools Association (MACSA), Lancaster, PA.
- Gall, K. R. & Brown, E. (November 8, 2007). Practical Tips And Suggestions For Coaching At Any Level in the 21st Century. Mid-Atlantic Christian Schools Association (MACSA), Lancaster, PA.
- Gall, K. R. & Brown, E. (June 16, 2007). Teaching Core Virtues. Christian Society For Kinesiology and Leisure Studies (CSKLS), Deerfield, IL (Trinity Christian University).
- Gall, K.R., McCaughtry, N., Brylinsky, J., Hall, B., & Barnard, S. (November 11, 2006). Diversity in the Gym: A Panel Discussion on Teaching Diverse Races, Sexualities, and Gender. Michigan Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance State Conference, Kalamazoo, MI.
- Gall, K.R. (November 18, 2005). Physical Education Teachers Unite with Elementary Teachers to Encourage Physical Activity. MAHPERD State Conference. Traverse City, MI.
- Gall, K.R. (January 2013, November 2011). ‘Gender in Sport and Higher Education′. Presenter in Sociology 254 course at Geneva College.
- Gall, K.R. (September 28, 2012). ‘Academics and Athletics Success′. Geneva College Student Workshop.
- Gall, K.R. (August 2012). ‘Geneva Athletics′. Geneva College Faculty Workshop.
- Gall, K.R. (February 21, 2011). ‘Moses′. Presenter at Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) meeting.
- Gall, K.R., Bosscher, J., Kolk, S. & Zomer, R. (August 29, 2007). Presenter in “Preliminary Report on Academic Integrity Survey” – Calvin College fall faculty conference.
- Gall, K.R. (November 1, 2006). “Teaching to the Core Virtues.” Calvin College Lunch Time Presentation Series.
- Gall, K.R., DeYoung, R., Hardy, L., & Jadrich, J. (August 30, 2006). Presenter in “Formation in the Classroom” – Calvin College Telling Metaphors fall faculty conference.
Awards & Distinctions Received
- Induction into the Cedarville University Hall of Fame (January 2013)
- Antoinette Lowry Barr Scholarship Award, The Ohio State University (1997, 1996).
- Oberteuffer Award, The Ohio State University (1995).
- NAIA District 18 Tennis Coach-of-the-Year (1993, 1992, 1990).
- NAIA District 18 Athletic Administrator-of-the-Year (1993-1994, 1987-88).
- NCCAA District 1 Basketball Coach-of-the-Year (1991-92, 1989-90, 1986-87).
- NAIA District 18 Basketball Coach-of-the-Year (1984-85).
- Cedarville University Women′s Athlete of the Year (1977-78)
Affiliations, e.g., membership in professional organizations, etc.
- National Association of Collegiate Women′s Athletic Administrators (NACWAA) (2007- present)
- American Alliance of Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance (AAHPERD) (1974-1993, 1994-present)