Office Phone: 724-847-6605
Dr. Carson has been a faculty member in four different institutions starting in 1986. He started at Geneva in 1999, and has taught in the business, psychology and math departments. In 2005, he became the Chief Academic Officer at Geneva, and he currently serves as Provost of the College.
Dr. Carson's spouse, Jean, teaches part-time at Geneva. Together, they have five children and one grandchild. Three of the Carsons' children were adopted from Vietnam. The Carsons are members of the College Hill RP Church, which is located next to Geneva's Alexander Hall.
Geneva has played an integral role in Dr. Carson's family. His parents met each other as Geneva students, and he and Jean also started dating when they were both students at Geneva. Counting their extended family, the Carsons have had family members as Geneva students across five generations.
Disciplines/Field of Instruction
- Ph.D. Industrial/Organizational Psychology, 1985, University of Akron
- M. A. Industrial/Organizational Psychology, 1984, University of Akron
- B. S. Business Administration, 1979, Geneva College
At Geneva in Business:
- BUS 153 Organizational Behavior
- BUS 350 Human Resource Management
- BUS 520 Management Thought and Application
- BUS 550 Human Resource Systems/Organizational Behavior
- BUS 560 Biblical Management and Ethics
- BUS 580 Research Methodology
At Geneva in Psychology
- PSY 205 Psychological Statistics
- PSY 207 Research Methods
- PSY 260 Tests and Measures
- PSY 325 Cognitive Psychology
- PSY 404 Personality Psychology
At Geneva in Mathematics
- MAT 105 Elementary Statistical Methods
- Kinicki, A. J., Ryan, F. M., Schriescheim, C. A., & Carson, K. P. (2002). Assessing the construct validity of the Job Descriptive Index (JDI): A review and meta-analysis.Journal of Applied Psychology, 97, 14-32.
- Carson, K. P. (Fall, 2000). Response to Chewning′s "Hermeneutics and Biblical Ethics: God′s Immutability and Human Integrity". Journal of Biblical Integration of Business, 79-84.
- Carson, K. P., Becker, J.S., & Henderson, J.A. (1998). Is utility really futile?: A failure to replicate and an extension. Journal of Applied Psychology, 1, 84-96.
- Carson, K.P., Tobin, E.H., & Whatley, K. (November, 2012). Faculty compensation. CIC Chief Academic Officers conference. San Antonio, TX.
- Carson, K.P., Sanderson, C. & Rudenga, L. (March, 2011). Faculty compensation: Three approaches to disciplinary differences. CCCU Chief Academic Officers Conference, Houston, TX.
- Dobbins, G. H., Cardy, R. L., & Carson, K. P. (1991). Examining fundamental assumptions: A contrast of person and system approaches to human resource management. Research in Personnel and Human Resource Management, 9, 1-38.
- Carson, K. P. (1991, Nov. 22). New civil rights law shoots itself in the foot. Wall Street Journal, p. A10.
- Carson, K. P. (2001, Oct.). Tensions facing Christian students in business. Paper presented at the annual meetings of the Christian Business Faculty Association, Olivet Nazarene University, Bourbannais, IL.
- Tehrani, M. E., Montanari, J. R., & Carson, K. P. (1990, Aug.). Technology as determinant of organizational structure: A meta-analytic review. Paper presented at the national meetings of the Academy of Management, San Francisco.
- Carson, K. P., & Kinicki, A. J. (1988, Nov.). Construct validation: An application of meta-analysis. Proceedings of the national meetings of the Decision Sciences Institute, Las Vegas, NE., 2, 848-850.