The McCartney Library offers a variety of resources and services to support Adult Degree Program students. Have a question? Ask a librarian!
Use Library services
Find a library near you
Use Library Services
Request home delivery of books and articles
- ADP students and faculty who live more than 20 miles from the Beaver Falls campus may order up to five items (books or articles) per week from the McCartney Library collections to be shipped to their home or office.
- The McCartney Library provides the shipping to the ADP affiliate free of charge.
- The ADP student or faculty member is responsible for returning the books to McCartney Library (either in person, or by mailing the items back to the Library). The patron is responsible for shipping the items so that they arrive at the Library by their due dates, and the patron is responsible for any damage done to the items due to improper packing for shipping. (Journal articles will be sent by email and do not need to be returned.)
- To order books or articles, fill out the Ask a Librarian form. Please include your name, Geneva College ID number, mailing address, and a list of the desired books or journal articles.
- You can also order books or articles from libraries other than McCartney Library and have them shipped to your house. See the section below!
Request books and articles not available at McCartney Library
Have you identified books or articles that you would like to read, but that the McCartney Library does not own? We are happy to order these items for you from another library. Simply fill out the interlibrary loan form and we will contact you when the items have arrived. If you would like to have the books or articles shipped to your house upon arrival, request this service in the notes/questions section of the Interlibrary Loan form, making sure to include your home address.
Have questions about Interlibrary Loan, or about how to identify resources for your project? Ask a librarian!
Use WorldCat to find books
Access WorldCat Local to locate books related to your research topic. If you identify books that you would like to check out, you may either visit the McCartney Library in person, or order the books to be shipped to your house.Ask a librarian if you have questions about searching WorldCat.
Use databases to find articles
Databases help you find journal articles, magazine articles, newspaper articles, and much more on your research topic.
- Browse the complete list of databases on the Find Articles (Databases) page. Organizational Leadership, Human Resources, and Management majors may want to focus on the business databases, Community Ministry Leadership majors should start with the Bible & religion category, and Human Services or Child and Family Services majors should begin with the social sciences databases.
- Access the databases from your home, office, or anywhere else you have an internet connection by following these instructions.
- Feel free to ask a librarian if you have questions about selecting, accessing, or searching the databases.
Find Applied Research Projects
Although you cannot access past ADP students' Applied Research Projects from home, you can search the library catalog (MacCAT) to identify papers that you want to look at so that you have a list before you make a trip to McCartney Library. Simply follow these instructions!
- In MacCAT, select the Keyword Boolean search from the "search by" list. Then, type "applied research reports" (include the quotations marks) in the "search for" box and click on the search button. This will retrieve a complete list of all the applied research reports that we have at McCartney Library.
- To limit your search to a topic, type "applied research reports" and a keyword or phrase. For example:"applied research reports" and "employee retention"
"applied research reports" and volunteers and retention
- Once you have identified Applied Research Projects that you would like to read, visit the McCartney Library to look at the projects. If you are unable to visit McCartney Library, you can order a photocopy of the bibliography or another portion of a paper (up to 35 pages) by requesting it following the instructions for ordering McCartney Library materials.
Find a library near you
These libraries, which may be closer to your home or class location than McCartney Library, have agreed to provide services to Geneva College ADP students. Please visit their Web sites for more information about their resources and services.
Need research advice? Ask a librarian!
View a tutorial of the research process, including videos explaining search techniques.