BEAVER FALLS, Pa. - In celebration of its founding, Geneva College has planned a full day of events for alumni, students, faculty, staff and the surrounding community on Saturday, April 18 on the Beaver Falls, Pa. campus.
All events listed are open to the public.
- Campus tours (10 a.m.) - Discover or re-discover the beauty of Geneva College′s campus on a student-led guided tour. There will also be live actors of historic Geneva College figures. Golf carts are available if needed. The start is at McCartney Library.
- Rededication service (11 a.m.) - Join us as we reflect and re-commit to the Mission of Geneva College. This will be held in Skye Lounge of the Student Center.
- Presentation of Beaver Falls (1:30 p.m.) - Dr. Robert Frazier will share a presentation on the role of Beaver Falls in the development of Geneva College. The talk will be in McCartney Library.
- Student activities (2:30 p.m.) - Watch the fun as Geneva College students participate in a Big Wheel Rally and Little Bat Competition on Memorial Lawn.
- 160th Anniversary Fun Ride (3 p.m.) - Join us for a 15-mile bike ride from the Pa./Ohio border to the Geneva College campus. Cost is $15 before the event, $20 the day of. For registration and more information, click here.
- The Fate of Chauntecleer (3 p.m.) - This is the debut performance of a chamber opera inspired by the work of Chaucer, and composed and written by Geneva students. The presentation will be in John White Chapel.
- 160-Year Celebration (4:30 p.m.) - We will cap off the college′s 160th anniversary with a special celebration. It will include a live performance by the Geneva College Jazz Band, refreshments and a welcome back to campus for the Geneva Bike Ride and 15-mile Fun Ride cyclists.
For more information and to register for these events, please click here.
Geneva College is a comprehensive Christian college of the arts, sciences and professional studies. Founded in the tradition of the Reformed Christian faith, Geneva prepares students to serve Christ in all areas of society: work, family and the church. Geneva is a founding member of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU).