Did you know that the money students pay for tuition only covers 86% of their education at Geneva College? The remaining 14% is funded through the generous donations of Geneva alumni and friends. Wednesday, April 14 marks the day when the dollars students pay for tuition "run out" and donor contributions cover the rest of the year′s educational expenses.
"Having been a student not too long ago, I can remember being ignorant to the fact that the thousands of dollars I was paying for tuition did not cover the full cost of my Geneva experience," says Josh Gmys, alumni relations representative. "I′m sure I am not the only one."
To raise awareness and help students recognize the significance of donor support, the Alumni Relations Office will announce Tuition Run-Out Day in chapel on April 14. Dr. Kerry McMahon, an alumnus, donor and associate professor of chemistry, will pray later in the service.
Geneva College is a comprehensive Christian college of the arts, sciences and professional studies. Founded in the tradition of the Reformed Christian faith, Geneva prepares students to serve Christ in all areas of society: work, family and the church. Geneva College′s philosophy of education is based on the Foundational Concepts of Christian Higher Education. Geneva is a founding member of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU).