About Student Leadership Development
The Office of Student Leadership Development enables students to discover their leadership potential by engaging students in intentional opportunities that develop their gifts, strengths, and abilities for faithful service in Christ’s Kingdom.
Program Goals and Outcomes
- Committed to Character: Students will model exemplary character through a commitment to a life of integrity and multifaceted faithfulness.
- Personally Disciplined: Students will exhibit humility, a balanced life, and a keen awareness of personal strengths and core values.
- Dedicated to Restoration: Students will respond to the call to bring restoration to humanity through initiating productive change in each of their spheres of influence.
- Understanding of Biblical Impact: Students will formulate a Biblical worldview that shapes their engagement of culture and their faithful response to the world around them.
- Competent in Team Leadership: Students will display competence in motivation, delegation, communication, vision-casting, and teamwork as they lead and follow within group processes.
Brian JensenTitle: Director of Student Leadership Development/Coordinator for Student Retenyion
Education: B.S. in Business Administration, M.A. in Higher Education
Where is your office located: Office of Student Leadership, one level under the Brigadoon
Hobbies/Interests: My wife and kids keep me pretty busy. I love reading, golfing, baseball and good friends.
Strengthfinders Strengths: Input, Belief, Intellection, Learner, Relator
Title: Graduate Assistant for GCSU and Campus Clubs
Education: Westminster College '12 B.A. English and Psychology
Where is your office located: Lower level of the Student Center, underneath the Brig
Hobbies/Interests: Reading, watching movies, meaningless trivia and celebrity gossip, current events, personal/spiritual and emotional development.
Strengthfinders Strengths: Restorative, Input, Context, Activator, Intellection
Title: GA - Leadership & Retention
Education: Geneva College '13 (Communications)
Where is your office located: Below Brigadoon
Hobbies/Interests: Soccer, volleyball, Fall walks, Theater, and watching Jimmy Fallon.
Strengthfinders Strengths: Maximizer, Activator, Individualization, Competition, Relator