Chemistry Education Certification
Chemistry education students combine a major in Chemistry with professional education certification coursework from the education department. The education courses cover issues such as: technology, methods, assessments, exceptionalities in the classroom and more.
Why choose Chemistry education at Geneva College?
- Geneva’s program is accredited by the Pennsylvania Department of Education and all 50 states offer some form of reciprocity for certification to Geneva graduates.
- Since 1958, Geneva’s chemistry program has been approved by the American Chemical Society—a distinction achieved by only six colleges in the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities(CCCU).
- Geneva's Test for Teacher Certification (Praxis II-Secondary Content Areas) pass rate is 99 percent, one of the highest college pass rates in the state.
- Tutoring and extensive field experience in local classrooms.
Some classes you may take:
- Organic Chemistry I and II
- Physical Chemistry I and II
- Exceptionality in the Secondary Classroom
- Educational Psychology
- Teaching of Science in Secondary Schools