English education students combine a major in English literature with professional education certification coursework from the education department. The education courses cover issues such as: technology, methods, assessments, exceptionalities in the classroom and more.
English education program course checklist
Why choose English education at Geneva College?
- Geneva’s program is accredited by the Pennsylvania Department of Education and all 50 states offer some form of reciprocity for certification to Geneva graduates.
- Geneva College hosts a chapter of Sigma Tau Delta, an international English honors society open to English and Writing majors of high academic standing.
- Tutoring and extensive field experience in local classrooms.
- Publication opportunities include: The Cabinet, weekly student newspaper; The Genevan, annual yearbook; The Chimes, literary publication.
- Student teaching overseas is available.
Some classes you may take
- British Literature
- Masterpieces of World Literature
- American Literature
- Exceptionality in the Secondary Classroom
- Educational Psychology
What are English education graduates from Geneva doing now?
- Enrolled in graduate programs in English, higher education and library science.
- Working in business and industry.
- Teaching in public and Christian schools in locations such as Moscow, Russia; Virginia; Pennsylvania; and Maryland.