Office Phone: 724-847-6558
- Ph.D. Social Foundations of Education, 2002, University of Pittsburgh
- S.T.M. International Christian Studies, 1983, Pittsburgh Theological Seminary
- M.Div., 1977, Pittsburgh Theological Seminary
- B.A. Social Science, 1973, Geneva College
- Social Change
- The Sociological Imagination
- American Culture Studies
- Sociological Investigation
- Reconciliation: Gender, Class and Race
- Deviant Behavior
- Social Groups
- Social Institutions
Biblical Studies and Christian Ministry Department:
- Calvin's Institutes of the Christian Religion
- Foundations of Christian Thought
- Holistic Missions in a Third World Context
- Contemporary Adolescent Culture
M.A. in Higher Education:
- Sociology of Higher Education
- Principles of Effective Teaching
- Research in Higher Education
- Diversity in Higher Education
- Campus World Views
- Church and University
M.S. in Organizational Leadership:
- Leadership and Organizational Change
- History and Theory of Leadership
- Organizational Communication
- Social Foundations of Education
- The Vietnam War: An Interdisciplinary Study
- Black Culture in the U.S.
- “Facilitating Segregation: Violence and Police Intervention in Pennsylvania Mill Town Schools, 1971-72.” Midwest History of Education Society, The Chicago Inn Best Western, Chicago, IL, Oct 27,28, 2006.
- Frey, Bradshaw. “New Contours for American Youth Culture.” Geneva Review, Number 4, June 2006.
- Frey, Bradshaw. “Pro Beaver Falls et Geneva.” Geneva Review, Number 4, June 2006.
- “The Post War Incursion of the Social Sciences on Education: The Critique of Christopher Lasch and David Riesman.” Midwest History of Education Society, The Chicago Inn Best Western, Chicago, IL, Oct 21-22, 2005.
- Frey, Bradshaw. “Relinquishment and Reception: 25 Years of The Culture of Narcissism.” Geneva Review, Number 2, February 2005.
- Frey, Bradshaw. Searching for a Public Morality to Empower Affirmative Action.@ American Educational History Journal, Vol. 31, Spring 2004.
- Frey, Bradshaw. “Reading Culture: A Bibliographic Essay.” Geneva Review, Number 1, May 2004.
- Shaping the Christian Liberal Arts College Through Moral Enquiry: A Conversation.@ The Schooled Heart: Moral Formation in American Higher Education, Baylor University, Oct. 30-Nov. 2, 2003.
- Searching for a Public Morality to Empower Affirmative Action.@ Midwest History of Education Society, The Chicago Inn Best Western, Chicago, IL, Oct. 24-25, 2003.
- Frey, Bradshaw. Character Education in the 1980's: Still Living in the Shadow of William Holmes McGuffey.@ American Educational History Journal, Vol. 29, Spring 2002.
- Frey, Bradshaw. AW as Local School Redistricting Used for Racial Segregation?: An Historical Study of Beaver County School Districts, 1961-70.@ Ph.D.. Dissertation, Administrative and Policy Studies, School of Education, University of Pittsburgh, 2002.
- Frey, Bradshaw. United Presbyterians and Apartheid: A Clash of American Ideologies,@ S.T.M. Thesis, Pittsburgh Theological Seminary, 1983.
Awards & Distinctions
- 1986 Peter J. Steen Memorial Award for Excellence in Campus Ministry, Presented by the CCO, Hilton Hotel, Pittsburgh, PA
- 2004 Excellence in Teaching Award, Geneva College, Beaver Falls, PA.
Affiliations, e.g., membership in professional organizations, etc.
- American Educational Studies Association
- Bread For the World
- Citizens for Public Justice
- First Presbyterian Church, Beaver Falls, PA
- Midwest History of Education Society
- Former Board Member, Saltworks Theater Company
- Former Executive Committee Member, Beaver Valley Branch, NAACP
- Congress for the New Urbanism