Office Phone: 724-847-5557
Disciplines/Field of Instruction
- Business Marketing
- International Business
- Business Management
- Business Communication
- Business Ethics
- Communication Ethics
- Public Speaking
- Ph.D. Candidate A.B.D. Communication and Rhetorical, Duquesne University
- M.S. Management, 1993, National Louis University
- B.S. Business Administration, 1984, Clarion University
- BUS 110 – Business Foundations
- BUS 115 – Business Communications
- BUS 314 - International Business
- BUS 316 - Doing Business in Asia/China Experience
- BUS 320 – Principles of Marketing
- BUS 419 - Management Insights
- BUS 421 - Advertising and Promotion
- BUS 422 – Sales and Sales Management
- BUS 424 - International Marketing
- BUS 425 - Consumer Behavior
- BUS 491 - Personal Finance
- BUS 493 – Business Internship
- COMM 101 – Principles of Communication
- COMM 310 – Public Speaking
- COMM 320 – Workshop and Seminar Planning and Facilitation
- “Public Relations and Ceremonial Rhetoric as Propaganda: A Postmodern Rhetorical Analysis” presented at Duquesne University’s Communication and Rhetorical Studies Department Colloquia Series, Pittsburgh, PA, February 2006.
- “Spanglish: Language, Identity, Rhetoric, or Slang?” presented at the 2005 Eastern Communication Association Annual Conference – Student Papers on Diversity Session, Pittsburgh, PA, April, 2005.
- “Postmodern Pedagogy: Teaching Ethics and Addressing Diversity,” presented with Laurie Moroco, Mark Craig and Leigh Burgess at the 2003 Pennsylvania Communication Association Annual Conference – State College, PA, October, 2003.
- Dissertation: Integrated Marketing Communication and Ethnic Target Marketing: A Communitarian Ethical Framework in Action – this dissertation argues for a new ethical framework in ethnic target marketing that is grounded on a communitarian ethic rather than the current day practice of individualistic target marketing.
Service to College
- Business and Accounting Internship Program Manager (2007 - present)
- NCAA Faculty Athletic Representative (2009 - present)
- Member, Faculty Personnel and Development Committee (2008 - 2011)
Awards & Distinctions Received
- The Academic Who's Who Among Executives and Professionals, 2011
- Golden Key Honor Society, 2009
- Property and Casualty Insurance License, Pennsylvania Department of Insurance, 2003.
- Life, Accident and Health Insurance License, Pennsylvania Department of Insurance, 2003.
- Cambridge Who’s Who Among Executives, Professionals and Entrepreneurs, 1999
- Who’s Who Among College Students, 1993
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) license, Information Systems and Control Association, 1992.
Affiliations, e.g., membership in professional organizations, etc.
- American Marketing Association, 2007 – present.
- American Management Association, 2007 – present.
- National Association of Professional Women (NAPW), 2009 - present.
- Christian Business Faculty Association (CBFA), 2008 - present.
- Business and Professional Women (BPW), 2008 - present.
- National Association for Female Executives (NAFE), 1999 - present.
- National Communications Association (NCA), 2004 - present.
- Eastern Communications Association (ECA), 2004 - present.
- Pennsylvania Communications Association (PCA), 2004 - present.
- Information Systems, Audit and Control Association (ISACA), 1995 - present.
Miscellaneous, e.g., hobbies, sports, personal info, etc.
- Member, New Wilmington Presbyterian Church
- K-9 Transport and Rescue Volunteer
- Stained Glass Artisan and Instructor
- Creative Memories Album Making Consultant – “Scrapbooking Life’s Precious Moments”
- Outdoor Water Pond Gardening
- Precious Pets: Maggie and Harley (Springer Spaniels) and Katie Miss, Mi Amour and Mr. Bubba (Kitties)