Office Phone: 724-847-6718
Disciplines/Field of Instruction
- Quantitative Analysis
- Operations Management
- Management of Information Systems
- B.S. Management/Computer Information Systems, 1992, Park College
- M.A. Computer and Information Resource Management, 1994, Webster University
- D.Sc. Information Systems and Communication, 2012, Robert Morris University
- BUS140 – Introduction to Business Computing
- BUS241 – Quantitative Analysis I
- BUS242 – Quantitative analysis II
- BUS341 – Development of Information Systems I
- BUS342 – Development of Information Systems II
- BUS530 – Management Information Systems/Decision Support Systems
Information Assurance Training at the 171st Air Refueling Wing: Computer-Based Training vs. Instructor-Based Training Knowledge Transfer, Retention and Satisfaction Comparatively Analyzed
This study looked at knowledge transfer, retention and student satisfaction associated with IBT and CBT modes of delivery for information assurance awareness training at the 171st Air Refueling Wing. The study tested these delivery modes to determine if one method is more effective than the other in the selected organization.
The study used a quantitative approach to test the hypotheses. This included a pre-test before training was provided through one of the two delivery methods and post-test administered immediately after the training. The students were asked to complete a brief survey regarding their opinion of the training. Finally, at 90 days post-test, the students were tested again to evaluate longer term retention form each delivery mode.
Affiliations, e.g., membership in professional organizations, etc.
- International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC2)
- Computing Technology Industry Association (COMPTIA)
- National Guard Association of the United States
- Reserve Officer Association
Miscellaneous, e.g., hobbies, sports, personal info, etc.
- Retired Air Force Lieutenant Colonel with 28 years of services in training and communications. Deployments to Egypt (’97), Iraq (’05), Guam (’06) and Afghanistan (’07).
- Married (Lisa) with three children (Reece, Peyton, Croix)
- We live in Enon Valley and enjoy gardening, caring for our horses and chickens. When we can find the time, we enjoy camping. I have been active in coaching youth football, soccer, swimming and baseball for many years. We are active members of Bethel United Presbyterian Church in Enon Valley, PA.