Office Phone (724) 847-6629
Disciplines/Field of Instruction
- Graduate Counseling
- Director of the Marriage and Family Therapy track
- Ph.D., 2013, Regent University, Counselor Education and Supervision
- M.S.Ed., 2007, Duquesne University, Marriage and Family Therapy
- B.A., 2004, Lee University, Psychology and Theology
- CNS 510 – Foundations for Faith Based Counseling
- CNS 534 – Social and Cultural Foundations of Counseling
- CNS 537 – Professional Issues and Ethics in Marriage and Family Therapy
- CNS 577 – Family Counseling/Therapy
- CNS 581 – Marriage and Family Counseling/Therapy Practicum
- CNS 582 – Marriage and Family Counseling/Therapy Internship
Assistant Professor of Psychology, Counseling, and Human Services and Program Director of the Marriage and Family Therapy Track. Geneva College, Beaver Falls, PA. (full-time position) 2012 – present.
Marriage and Family Counselor, Christian Counseling Associates. 709 Thompson Park Drive, Cranberry Township, PA 16066, 2012 – present.
Clinical Supervisor, Wesley Spectrum Services, (full-time position). 221 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15221, 2010-2012.
Family Based Mental Health Therapist, Wesley Spectrum Services, (full-time position), 221 Penn Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15221, 2007-2011.
- Impellizzeri, J. Conflict and confrontation: Moving beyond a formula. Presented at Grove City College, Grove City, PA, April 9, 2013.
- Impellizzeri, J. “A phenomenological study of supervisee experiences of Christian integrative supervision”, Unpublished Doctoral Dissertation, Regent University, January, 2013.
- Impellizzeri, J. Family systems theory: A Christian appraisal and a Trinitarian reflection. Presented at Geneva College in Dr. Rice’s Social Psychology Class, Beaver Falls, PA, April 6, 2012.
- Impellizzeri, J. A window into monastic life. Presented at Regent University, Virginia Beach, VA, June 17, 2009.
- Impellizzeri, J. Interfacing Christian theology and professional counseling. Presented at St. Vincent College in Gail Haig’s Issues in Marriage and Family Therapy, Latrobe, PA, June, 2006.
- Impellizzeri, J. Salvador Minuchin and Structural family therapy. Presented at Anchorpoint Counseling Ministries, Ross Township, PA, May 10, 2006.
Professional License and Certifications
- Nationally Certified Counselor, Certification Number: 221089.
- Licensed Professional Counselor, License Number: PC006326.
- PREPARE/ENRICH Certification
Affiliations, e.g., membership in professional organizations, etc.
- American Counseling Association
- Christian Association of Psychological Studies
- Member of City Reformed Presbyterian Church
- Pennsylvania Counseling Association