Office Phone: 724-847-6125
Disciplines/Field of Instruction
- Ph.D. Educational Psychology, 2005, Regent University
- M.A. Education in Special Education, 1984, Shippensburg University
- B.S. Elementary Education, 1979, Geneva College
- EDU 214 - Initial Field Experience – Special Education
- EDU 370 - Exceptionality in the Elementary Classroom
- EDU 375 - Exceptionality in the Secondary Classroom
- EDU 473 - Behavioral Skill Intervention for Exceptional Children
- EDU 475 - The Role and Function of the Special Education Teacher
- EDU 572 - Academic Skill Intervention for Exceptional Children
- EDU 573 - Behavioral Skill Intervention for Exceptional Children
- EDU 575 - The Role and Function of the Special Education Teacher
- EDU 591 - Grantwriting for Educators
- EDU 592 - Special Education Practicum
- Program Director of Masters in Special Education
- CAP Coordinator
I currently act as the official coordinator of the CCCU initiative for assessment, the CAP project. This entails administering all assessment measures, compiling data, and writing reports.
- Middle States Working Group 14 Co-Chair
I have been co-chairing this accreditation committee with Brandi Mathers for the past 2 years.
- Mission Trip Faculty Advisor
I have been the faculty advisor for five years for the Mexico Mission Trip to San Luis, Mexico. Each year we have had 20-30 individuals participate in this trip over spring break. While there, we stay at an orphanage where we teach VBS, participate in a number of outreach ministries, and do a work project, usually painting. These trips have been very beneficial, not only to the individuals we minister to but also to the students who have the opportunity to participate.
- Faculty Advisor of Geneva Chapter of Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)
For the past 8 years I have acted as the faculty advisor for the education club related specifically to special education. In this capacity, I have helped students with fundraisers and a number of service projects each year. We have sent Christmas baskets to Hurricane Katrina victims and for 4 years have made blankets for the Dr Laura Foundation, an organization that provides items for children who are removed from abuse and neglect situations. We have also attended the Annual Conference for the PA Chapter of CEC for many years with the students presenting under my guidance for 3 years.
Affiliations, e.g., membership in professional organizations, etc.