Office Phone: 724-847-5798
Disciplines/Field of Instruction
- Educational Psychology
- Methods in the Elementary School
- Ph.D. 2001 Penn State University
- M.Ed. 1979 University of Virginia
- B.A., 1975 Wheaton College
- EDU 211 - Educational Psychology
- EDU 250 - Integrating the Arts in the Elementary Curriculum
- EDU 337 - Teaching of Social Studies in the Elementary Classroom
- EDU 339 - Teaching of Science in the Elementary Classroom
- EDU 505 - Advanced Theories and Principles of Learning
- EDU 591 - Special Topics
- Created to Create, presented at Coalition of Christian Teacher Educators Conference, Regent University, May 2006
- The teacher is the key presented at Values and Leadership Conference at Penn State, Oct. 2005
- Servant-Teacher, Geneva Review 2006
- The teacher is the key, proceedings of the 10th annual Values and Leadership Conference Authentic Learning, Authentic Leadership 2005
- Curriculum Evaluation-the application of selected curriculum evaluation modes to a typical school district. The Journal of Educational Alternatives, 2005
- Curriculum Evaluation-The Scriven goal-free evaluation model The Journal of Educational Alternatives 2005
- Curriculum standards in mathematics. Curriculum Standards National and Pennsylvania Perspectives. Pennsylvania Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development 1999
- I am continuing my research on creativity. I also am involved in developing partnerships with the local schools for our preservice teachers to be of service to them.
Affiliations, e.g., membership in professional organizations, etc.
- Pennsylvania Instructional Level I Elementary certification, additional endorsement in Elementary Principalship
Miscellaneous, e.g., hobbies, sports, personal info, etc.
- During my tenure as a K-12 teacher I taught in self-contained classrooms as well as spending many years as teacher for the academically gifted students.
- I enjoy water sports especially kayaking on the local rivers and lakes.