Office Phone: 724-847-6579
Disciplines/Field of Instruction
- B.S. Elementary/Special Education, 1994
- M.Ed., 2004, Gannon University
- Ed.D., 2009, University of Pittsburgh
- EDU 216 - Level 1 Field Observations
- EDU 335 - Advanced Teaching of Reading
- EDU 413 - Content Literacy in the Secondary Classroom
- EDU 420 - Educational Assessment
- EDU 533 - Reading Assessment, Curriculum, and Standards
- EDU 574 - Reading Intervention for the Exceptional Child
- EDU 591 - Planning and Leading Text-based Discussion
- Heisey, N. & Kucan, L. (2010). Introducing Science Concepts to Primary Students through Read-Alouds: Interactions and Multiple Texts Make the Difference. The Reading Teacher, 63 (8), 666-676.
- R.M. Bean, N. Heisey, & C.M. Roller (Eds.), Preparing Reading Professionals (Second Edition) (pp. 205-215). Newark, DE: International Reading Association.
- Bean, R., Heisey, N, & Roller, C. (Eds.). (2010). Preparing Reading Professionals: A Collection From the International Reading Association (second edition). Newark, DE.
- Heisey, N. Jenkins, K., & Panepinto, D. (2007). Dr. Shanklin Speaks, The Literacy Professional. A publication of the Specialized Reading Professionals Special Interest Group. International Reading Association: Newark, DE.
- Bean, R., Ezell, H., Heisey, N., Morewood, A., & Ankrum, J. (2007). Outcomes of On-line Professional Development in Pennsylvania, Fifty-Sixth Annual Yearbook of the National Reading Conference.
Affiliations, e.g., membership in professional organizations, etc.
- Literacy Research Association
- International Reading Association
- College Reading Association
- Keystone Reading Association
- Three Rivers Reading Council
- Beaver County Reading Council
Miscellaneous, e.g., hobbies, sports, personal info, etc.
- Mother of a four year old daughter who keeps me very busy! I love to read and travel!