Rodney C. Austin
Office Phone: 724-847-6727
Disciplines/Field of Instruction
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Ph.D. 2000 University of Cincinnati
- B.S. 1992 Mount Vernon Nazarene College
- CHM 111 - General College Chemistry
- CHM 221 & 222 - Organic Chemistry 1 and 2
- CHM 313 - Biochemistry Laboratory
- CHM 317 & CHM 318 - Biochemistry 1 and 2
- Teaching Chemistry in a Multidisciplinary Global Water Issues Course.
Submitted to the Journal of Science Teaching. 2007
- Teaching chemistry as part of Global Water Issues: A new multidisciplinary course developed with SENCER ideals. Presented at the American Chemical Society National meeting in March 2005 (San Diego).
- Structural aspects of alpha one acid glycoprotein and its interactions.
HB Halsall, RC Austin, JL Dage, H Sun, KT Schlueter (in progress)
- Physical Characterization of Orosomucoid Gene Products I and II.
- Stream Analysis of Davidson Creek
I am working with Alaron Nuclear Corporation, BIOMOST and the Lawrence County Conservation District to monitor and remediate a local stream.
- Enzyme activity in non-aqueous and mixed-solvent environments.
The emphasis of this project is the understanding of protein structure and function in atypical environments. This work is designed to help us better understand protein structure and the role of water in enzyme activity.
- American Chemical Society
- Protein Society