Office Phone: 724-847-6727
Disciplines/Field of Instruction
- Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Ph.D. 2000 University of Cincinnati
- B.S. 1992 Mount Vernon Nazarene College
- CHM 111 - General College Chemistry
- CHM 221 & 222 - Organic Chemistry 1 and 2
- CHM 313 - Biochemistry Laboratory
- CHM 317 & CHM 318 - Biochemistry 1 and 2
- A simplified method for the isolation and purification of glucoraphanin from broccoli seeds
With student, Andrew Hiser. Presented at the Student Member research symposium held by the American Chemical Society. April 20, 2013.
- Impact of acid mine drainage on Davidson’s Creek
With student, John Hixenbaugh. Presented at the Student Symposium on the Environment, which was held on the campus of Westminster College December 6, 2012.
- Impact of POGIL instruction on a two-semester biochemistry course at Geneva College
Examined the impact of small group exercises on student learning. Presented at the Biennial Conference on Chemical Education (Penn State) August 2012.
- Integrating Biology, Chemistry, and Mathematics to Evaluate Global Water Problems
With Erica Kosal and Carol Lawrence. Journal of College Science Teaching 2010.
- Teaching chemistry as part of Global Water Issues: A new multidisciplinary course developed with SENCER ideals. Presented at the American Chemical Society National meeting in March 2005 (San Diego).
- Structural aspects of alpha one acid glycoprotein and its interactions
HB Halsall, RC Austin, JL Dage, H Sun, KT Schuleter. Proceedings of the International Symposium on Serum Albumin and alpha-1 acid glycoprotein. 2000
- Physical Characterization of Orosomucoid Gene Products I and II.
- Research on select proteins from the bacterium, Pedobacter heparinus.
- Stream Analysis of Davidson Creek
I am working with Alaron Nuclear Corporation, BIOMOST and the Lawrence County Conservation District to monitor and remediate a local stream.
- Avid runner-have completed four marathons.
- Enjoys woodworking
- Worships at College Hill Church of the Nazarene