1. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov.
2. Respond to any correspondence you receive from the Financial Aid Office regarding verification.
The federal government randomly selects students for verification. If chosen, we are required to verify your tax information against your FAFSA information. If you are selected for this process, a letter will be sent to you explaining the steps you need to take. Please respond promptly, as we cannot process your aid until we receive this information.
3. Check your mail regularly for your award letter.
We will send it to the address indicated on your FAFSA, unless you tell us otherwise.
4. Determine what type of aid you will be using and how much loan money you will need.
Types of aid available:
Direct Unsubsidized Loans
Graduate PLUS Loans
Private Educational Loans
5. For those students using Direct Loans, complete Direct Loan Entrance Counseling by logging into www.studentloans.gov.
We will automatically receive notification when it has been completed.
6. For those students using Direct Loans, sign a Direct Loan Master Promissory Note by logging into www.studentloans.gov. If you need to request another FAFSA Pin number to sign this document, please visit www.pin.ed.gov.
When can I expect my refund check?
Once your loan money comes in and covers the charges on your student account, you should receive a refund check within approximately 2 weeks. It is important to make sure you have completed all necessary paperwork, and that you are aware of the loan disbursement dates. If you are enrolled in a term that is longer than 4 months, your loan will be disbursed in two equal amounts, half at the beginning and half in the middle of your term. Please keep this in mind when calculating the amount and approximate date of your refund. If you have questions regarding your refund, please contact the Business Office at 724-847-6543.
Can I check my student account online?
Yes! Go to https://webmod.geneva.edu/cgi-bin/login.mbr/LOGIN?PREFIX=GEN. After you log in you will be able to view your student account information by clicking on My Account under Business Office in the links on the left side of the screen.
My loan hasn't come in. What should I do?
If you have done all these and still need assistance, please contact our office at 724-847-6530.
Provides a helpful cost of living calculator so that you can estimate living expenses when moving to Beaver Falls.
“The real story on money, student loans, and life.” An excellent resource for college students and recent grads!
Sign in with your FAFSA Pin Number to keep track of the details of all of your federal student loans.
U.S. News & World Report Best Colleges ranked Geneva’s ABET-accredited engineering program in the nation’s top 100 Best Undergraduate Engineering Programs.