Geneva College

 

 

About the Library

Geneva College's Library is named in honor of Dr. Clarence Edward Macartney, an influential evangelical minister of the early twentieth century. Built in the collegiate Gothic style, the stone structure was erected in 1930 and enlarged in 1965.

Along with its main collection, which helps to support the curriculum of the College, the Library's holdings include several special collections, among them the Covenanter Collection, which is comprised of materials about the Reformed Presbyterian Church of North America and its origins in Scotland; the Geneva Author Collection, a collection of the writings of the College's faculty, staff, alumni, and students; and a collection of Dr. Macartney's own books and memorabilia.

McCartney Library is a member of OCLC, the Online Computer Library Center, through which it has access to 50 million library holdings worldwide. The Library also participates in Access Pennsylvania, a computerized catalog and interlibrary sharing partnership of more than 2,100 libraries throughout the state, and is a member of the Keystone Library Network.

fog.jpg


 

Point of Excellence

Geneva prepares students for a wide range of environmental careers through a B.S. degree in environmental science and an engineering concentration in environmental technology.

more points >>
 
Upcoming Events
ATHLETICS
Super Fans bring back GT Victory Bell ring
The tradition was restored in honor of the volleyball win against Chatham.
ACADEMICS
Geneva leaps ahead in U.S. News 2015 Best College rankings
This year, Geneva climbs even higher in the Best Value, Best Regional College and Best Engineering lists.
STUDENT LIFE
Alexander Dining Hall completed
After a summer of renovation, the changes to Alexander Dining Hall are finished.
CAMPUSWIDE EVENTS
Academic Convocation officially opened the fall semester
First-year students were welcomed and faculty achievements were honored during the traditional ceremony.
STUDENT LIFE
Cokes and Connections helps students plug in
Representatives from campus clubs, organizations and local churches will be on the Pedestrian Mall on Fri., Sep. 5.