MSOL Alumni, Student and Faculty News - Dec. 2013
- Richard Zimmerman, M.D., MSOL student, cohort 89 in Butler, recently had his article "Ethical analyses of institutional measures to increase health care worker influenza vaccination rates" published in the medical journal Vaccine. Dr. Zimmerman initially wrote the article as an assignment for the MSOL Leadership and Ethics course.
- Neil Brem, MSOL graduate, cohort 80, has just accepted a position as Program Manager of Leadership Development at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
- Kathy Coder, MSOL graduate, cohort 39, was appointed chair of the Congress of Neighboring Communities (CONNECT) last month. CONNECT brings together leaders from Pittsburgh and surrounding areas to address common issues such as transportation.
- April Torrence, MSOL graduate cohort 51, is enrolled in the Instructional Management and Leadership doctorate program at Robert Morris University School of Education. The title of her dissertation is "No Child Care Left Behind: Best practices in reaching socioeconomically disadvantaged preschool students with global strategies that create continuity between school, child care, and community leadership."
- Bonnie Budzowski, MSOL faculty and principal of inCredible Messages, LP, presented at the November breakfast of Leaders Serving Beaver County. She spoke on "Credibility, Influence & Leadership: Building Communication Success." Her presentation taught listeners to offer accessible and interesting information in a timely fashion and to apply valuable laws of persuasion.
- Lutitia Clipper, MSOL cohort 10 graduate and faculty, received a Women in Natural Gas (W.I.N.G.) award on October 24. The award recognizes women in the shale, oil or gas industries who work as role models of integrity and leadership for future women in the field. She was also featured in Larry King Live Profile Series In View on Energy with ORing CNG Fuels, LP regarding natural gas vehicles. This segment aired on Discovery TV on October 14, 2013. Dr. Clipper works at People's Natural Gas Company as Manager, Natural Gas Vehicles Business Development and has earned a Ph.D. from the University of Pittsburgh.