MSOL Alumni, Student and Faculty News
- Kristin Sewak, cohort 85, has recently accepted a job as the Executive Director of the Montana Watershed Council in Helena.
- Cohort 91 started in Monroeville on October 10, 2013. Dr. Mitch Nichols is the mentor of this cohort.
- Cohort 92 started in Cranberry Township on January 13, 2014. Dr. John Stanko is the mentor for this cohort.
Welcome to the MSOL family. We are happy to have you and hope that your experience here is enriching and life-changing!
- Talise Jones Ward, cohort 82, has launched a new business. Zion's Song Entertainment is a full service entertainment company dedication to promoting clients' music, books, business, product or service the greatest amount of exposure. Zion's Song Entertainment services include promotions, management, publishing and consulting.
- Tom Trimble, cohort 53, was recently inducted into the Penn State soccer hall of fame as assistant coach of the 1978 NAIA District 18 Soccer Champions. “I didn't have a clue about leadership when I signed on as an assistant soccer coach at Penn State Behrend in 1976. I never would have imagined I'd ever formalize my education with a master's degree in leadership from Geneva,” Tom says.
- Michael Ross, cohort 61, is the founder of Mainstream Life Solutions, which provides training and coaching in character development and business entrepreneurship.
- Rhonda Carson Leach, cohort 73, serves as the Director of the Urban Entrepreneurship Program for the Institute for Entrepreneurial Excellence through the University of Pittsburgh. On Tuesday, January 21, she presented a two part workshop on S.M.A.R.T. Goals, a best practice framework for setting strategic business planning goals. The workshop was called Strategic Planning Workshop: Getting Your Business in Order for 2014.
- Doug Barrett, cohort 52, has worked with the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA) for approximately 11 years. He is currently involved with BGEA Crusades—Franklin Graham Festivals and Will Graham Celebrations. Upcoming festivals will be held in Pittsburgh and Erie.
- Dr. John Stanko has created a new online devotional for leaders in 2014. This devotional, The Leadership Walk, can be found online at www.johnstanko.us. Dr. Stanko has identified biblical concepts and verses that pertain to leaders over the years and, having written devotionals before, decided to create The Leadership Walk to share his insights with others. He says, “My teaching in the MSOL program has caused me to sharpen my own focus on and definitions of leadership concepts, so I thought this devotional would give me a good chance to put my thoughts down for me and others.”