Music Audition and Scholarship Information for 2013-2014
Audition Dates: February 16 and 23, 2013
The Geneva College Department of Music announces auditions for acceptance to the department and merit-based scholarships for students who plan to enter as music majors in the fall term of 2013. The awards may range from $500 up to $3,000 per year, and are renewable annually for four years if the recipient remains a music major in good standing.
- Each applicant will be heard in two works, with a maximum of twelve minutes total time:
(Please see information on audition guidelines from the link below.)
- These works should be performed on the instrument which the student intends as his/her concentration within the music major choice. You may provide an accompanist, or we will provide one as long as we receive a copy of the music two weeks prior to your audition date.
- All candidates are required to take a written questionnaire and aural evaluation in the fundamentals of music theory, which is designed to measure familiarity with musical notation, scales, and triads, rhythm and meter, and both sight reading and pitch recognition.
- A recommendation from a high school music teacher or other professional musician is required. A form will be sent on request, or the instructor may send one on their own letterhead to the address below.
- Auditions will be held on the campus on Saturday, February 16 and 23, 2013.
- The audition is to determine acceptance into the music department and for consideration of a Music Scholarship. Students applying after these dates must still contact the Music Department to arrange for an audition to be considered for acceptance into the department, however, scholarship money may no longer be available for the first year after these dates.
- The scholarship recipients must first be accepted by the college through its regular admissions procedure and must file the appropriate financial aid forms before the award can become official.
For further information, please write or telephone:
Department of Music
3200 College Avenue
Beaver Falls, PA 15010-3599
724-847-6660 (local department office)
Geneva College admits students of any race, color, sex, religion, handicap and national or ethnic origin.
The Department of Music offers personalized instruction in curricula leading to the Bachelor of Science degree in Music Education, and the Bachelor of Arts degree in Music, Music Business, and Applied Music.