Geneva College is hosting Sexuality Week from Wednesday, September 12 through Wednesday, September 19. Throughout the seven days, various events addressing sexual topics from a biblical perspective will be held for students.
“We want to engage the campus to have a conversation around the idea of ‘Holy Sexuality,’” explains Director of Counseling Services Amy Solman. “What does it mean to be the sexual beings that we believe God created us to be in a way that is honoring and glorifying to Him?”
Details and the schedule of dates and times are as follows:
Wed., Sept. 12
|Christopher Yuan, author, international speaker and AIDS Activist|
• Chapel, 10:10 a.m.; Yuan will share his testimony of how his life has been
redeemed from a lifestyle of drugs, alcohol and homosexuality.
• Skye Lounge, 2:30 p.m.; “Homosexuality: Texts and Hermeneutics”
• Skye Lounge, 3:35 p.m.; “Homosexuality: Nature or Nurture”
• Skye Lounge, 7 p.m.; “Homosexuality and the Christian Campus
• All campus and community
|Sat., Sept. 15||Men’s Breakfast, “Singleness” |
• Benedum Room, 8:30 – 10 a.m.
• All men on campus
|Tue., Sept. 18||Taboo Tuesday: Cohabitation: What’s the Big Deal? |
• Skye Lounge 7 p.m.
• All campus
|Wed., Sept. 19||The Birds and the Bees |
• A panel of staff and faculty representing various ages and relational stages will answer audience questions regarding sex, love and relationships.
• PDR, 7 p.m. for all male students on campus • Benedum Room, 7:30 p.m. for all female students on campus
Sexuality Week is planned through cooperation between the Counseling Center and the Center for Faith and Practice (CFP). The Counseling Center is designed to assist the needs to students in a Christ- centered, confidential atmosphere. The CFP’s mission on campus is to help students to further their relationship with Christ by gaining a better understanding of His will.
Geneva College is a comprehensive Christian college of the arts, sciences and professional studies. Founded in the tradition of the Reformed Christian faith, Geneva prepares students to serve Christ in all areas of society: work, family and the church. Geneva College’s philosophy of education is based on the Foundational Concepts of Christian Higher Education. Geneva is a founding member of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU).
Of Geneva's 96 full-time faculty members, 76% have earned doctorates.