Physics education students combine a major in Physics
with professional education certification coursework from the education department. The education courses cover issues such as: technology, methods, assessments, exceptionalities in the classroom and more.
Why choose Physics education at Geneva College?
- Geneva’s program is accredited by the Pennsylvania Department of Education and all 50 states offer some form of reciprocity for certification to Geneva graduates.
- Geneva's Test for Teacher Certification (Praxis II-Secondary Content Areas) pass rate is 99 percent, one of the highest college pass rates in the state.
- We have an introductory physics lab featuring computer-based data acquisition and analysis using LabView, 9-foot airtracks, oscilloscopes, and laser-based optics experiments.
- Tutoring and extensive field experience in local classrooms.
Some classes you may take:
- Electromagnetic Fields and Waves
- Electronic Devices and Circuits
- Education Psychology
- Exceptionality in the Secondary Classroom