Social studies education students combine a major in history or political science with professional education certification coursework from the education department. The education courses cover issues such as: technology, methods, assessments, exceptionalities in the classroom and more.
Why choose Social Studies education at Geneva College?
- Geneva’s program is accredited by the Pennsylvania Department of Education and all 50 states offer some form of reciprocity for certification to Geneva graduates.
- All of our classes are small. Even the history surveys have 30 students or fewer each semester. Our upper level courses have enrollments of 15-20 students and often far fewer.
- Summer programs include the Institute of Comparative Economic and Political Systems at Georgetown University.
- Tutoring and extensive field experience in local classrooms.
Some classes you may take
- U.S. Foreign Policy
- Modern Asia
- International Relations
- State and Local Government
- Content Literacy
- Exceptionality in the Secondary Classroom