- REQUIREMENT: Students are required to attend 11 chapels and/or convocations each semester.
PENALTY: If a student fails to attend the minimum 11 chapels/convocation, they will be fined $50.00 for each missed chapel/convocation. The fine will be placed on a student’s account at the end of the semester.
GRACE CLAUSE: If students would like to have the fine(s) set aside, they will have one opportunity to attend a group meeting. In addition to attending the group meeting, students will be required to: (a) listen to the chapel talk(s) and (b) write an acceptable two page single spaced reflection paper for each chapel they have missed.
- A student MUST attend the entire chapel in order to receive credit. If you leave early or arrive late, you will not receive credit.
- There are 14 chapel opportunities and one academic convocation opportunity each semester.
- Students may track their attendance on line.
DISCREPANCIES: Any dispute over Chapel attendance older than four weeks old will not be considered.
TEMPORARY ID CARDS: If a student loses their ID card they can get a temporary ID card from the administrative assistant in the Career Development office, located on the upper level of the Student Center. The temporary ID card must be obtained prior to the day of chapel. Students seeking to receive chapel credit with a temporary ID card must present that card to Bridgette Hinzman at the information desk in the lobby of Metheny Fieldhouse as they exit chapel. The temporary ID card is good for seven days and can be renewed one time.
- Due to scheduling issues, the meeting will only be held on Reading Day. There will be no additional meeting opportunities and no makeup meetings.
- Students will have 10 calendar days from the day of the meeting to submit their reflection papers.
- The paper(s) are due at the close of business on the tenth day.
- If the paper(s) are deemed acceptable the student’s fine will be set aside.
- If a paper is deemed unacceptable, the fine will be imposed for that chapel.