Harassment, Threats, Violence
Harassment, threats, and violent behavior are unacceptable and will not be tolerated at Geneva College. To ensure that such behavior is stopped and that people’s safety is intact, please follow these guidelines:
- Do not ignore harassing behavior. Report concerns to an RA, RD, a supervisor or Geneva security.
- Do not tolerate verbal or physical harassment from anyone.
- Do not give out personal information about others (home address, phone number, class schedule.)
- Suspicious Persons
- Establish eye contact.
- Do not physically confront the person.
- Do not let anyone block your access to an exit.
- Do not block the person’s access to an exit.
- Do not let anyone into a locked building or office.
- Keep a safe distance.
- Contact Geneva Security by campus phone at ext. 5678 (724-847-5678 from off-campus) or the security cell phone at 724-846-9632 for emergency backup.
- Treat all threats or rumors of violence as serious.
- Call 911 (dial 9-911 from campus phone) if you are in danger of bodily harm
- Call 911 (dial 9-911 from campus phone) if you observe a weapon, know someone has brought a weapon on campus or know someone is going to bring a weapon on campus.
- Contact Geneva Security by campus phone at 9-846-9632 or outside line or cell phone at 724-846-9632 to report threatening behavior if you do not consider yourself or others to be in immediate danger.