Harassment, threats, and violent behavior are unacceptable and will not be tolerated at Geneva College. To ensure that such behavior is stopped and that people’s safety is intact, please follow these guidelines:
- Do not ignore harassing behavior. Report concerns to an RA, RD, a supervisor or Geneva security.
- Do not tolerate verbal or physical harassment from anyone.
- Do not give out personal information about others (home address, phone number, class schedule.)
- Suspicious Persons
- Establish eye contact.
- Do not physically confront the person.
- Do not let anyone block your access to an exit.
- Do not block the person’s access to an exit.
- Do not let anyone into a locked building or office.
- Keep a safe distance.
- Contact Geneva Security by campus phone at ext. 5678 (724-847-5678 from off-campus) or the security cell phone at 724-846-9632 for emergency backup.
- Treat all threats or rumors of violence as serious.
- Call 911 (dial 9-911 from campus phone) if you are in danger of bodily harm
- Call 911 (dial 9-911 from campus phone) if you observe a weapon, know someone has brought a weapon on campus or know someone is going to bring a weapon on campus.
- Contact Geneva Security by campus phone at 9-846-9632 or outside line or cell phone at 724-846-9632 to report threatening behavior if you do not consider yourself or others to be in immediate danger.