Medical emergencies can occur without warning, and a timely response is helpful, if not necessary. If a medical emergency occurs:
- Call 911 if the emergency is life threatening (9-911 from an on-campus phone).
- Provide first aid only to the extent of your personal training and ability.
- Call the nurse’s 24-hour cell phone number from campus phone at 9-724-622-2622 or outside line at 724-622-2622.
- Describe the type of injury or illness and briefly describe how the injury occurred.
- Provide the location of the emergency.
- Have someone meet the emergency personnel and guide them to the location.
- Do not move the injured or ill unless it is necessary to avoid further injury.