Welcome to the parent resource section of the website. These resources cover the spectrum from the college search process to transitioning into college. Some of these books are specifically for parents, others will be useful for both parents and students. If you have additional resources to recommend, please send them to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parent FYE Brochure
- Agnew, Travis. Freshman 15: How to Put the Weight on in All the Right Places. Charleston: CreateSpace, 2009. Print.
- Clydesdale, Tim. The First Year Out: Understanding Teens After High School. Chicago: University of Chicago press, 2007. Print.
- Elmore, Tim, and Dan Cathy. Generation iY: Our Last Chance to Save their Future. Poet Gardener Publishing, 2010. Print
- Garber, Steven. The Fabric of Faithfulness: Weaving Together Belief and Behavior. Downer’s Grove: IVP Books, 2007. Print.
- Melleby, Derek. Make College Count: A Faithful Guide to Life and Learning. Grand Rapids: Baker Books, 2011. Print.
- Ream, Todd,Timothy W. Herrman and C. Skip Trudeau. A Parent’s Guide to the Christian College: Supporting Your Child’s Mind and Spirit During the College Years. Texas: Abilene Christian University Press, 2011. Print.
- Shaw, Thomas A., Collegebound: What Christian Parents Need to Know About Helping Their Kids Choose a College. Chicago: Moody Publishers, 2005. Print.
- Twenge, Jean M. Generation Me: Why Today’s Young Americans Are More Confident, Assertive, Entitled – and More Miserable Than Ever Before. Free Press, 2007. Print.
- Twenge, Jean M., and W. Keith Campbell. The Narcissism Epidemic: Living in the Age of Entitlement. Free Press, 2009. Print.
- Opitz, Donald, and Derek Melleby. The Outrageous Idea of Academic Faithfulness. Grand Rapids: Brazos Press, 2007. Print.
- Loomis, Mike. Don't Just Survive You College Years, Thrive!. Geneva College, 2012. Online