Pisgah Leadership Development
The Pisgah Program seeks to serve students by providing opportunities for leadership development, recreation, biblical literacy, skills training, development of a Christian world view, and an understanding of how the Truth of the Gospel affects them in every area of their lives.
The Pisgah Program provides a range of basic to advanced leadership development opportunities for students.
- For incoming freshman we offer the Freshman Expedition program which helps students transition from high school to college & make the most of their college experience.
- A student leadership team called Core Group receives training in adventure program design and facilitation. They then put these skills into practice by planning and leading adventure activities for the Geneva College community during an entire school year. Ongoing training & discipleship continue throughout the year.
- Learn to facilitate challenge course activities or work with any group through a weekend facilitation course
- Take a 3 credit course equipping you to facilitate challenge course groups or lead adventure based trips such as a weekend backpack excursion. Many students find that the skills they learn in these classes are directly applicable to their daily lives and to their jobs after college no matter what field of work they enter.
- We partner with Geneva College’s Center for Faith & Practice to provide opportunities for students to lead small group Bible studies on campus. This is an important part of spiritual and leadership development for students.
- Grow in your faith as you participate in a spring break, fall break, or weekend outdoor trip.
- Volunteer opportunities abound including building on the challenge course, assisting in operating the zipline, or helping with a program.
- Attend the Jubilee Conference hosted by the CCO each year in downtown Pittsburgh. Learn how God’s plan of redemption involves every part of the world & how it matters even within your specific field of study. Here from all sorts of speakers and music groups who are integrating their faith in winsome ways within their given field.
- Find information about summer opportunities, wilderness medical training, or various other opportunities