Student Development Staff
As an integral part of the educational experience, the Student Development staff has as its objectives to:
- Aid students in their transition to college life.
- Model and challenge students to an active and wholistic commitment to Christ.
- Recognize the uniqueness and potential of each individual student. Encourage students to develop a teachable spirit.
- Assist students in the discovery of their own individual identity. Address the spiritual, vocational, academic, relational, physical, psychological, and gender needs of students.
- Offer experiential opportunities for personal, relational, and vocational growth that encourage the development of a Biblical worldview.
- Celebrate God-ordained diversity by providing experiences which explore issues of racial, denominational, and cultural diversity.
- Develop programs and services which address the particular needs of ethnic minorities, and international non-resident, and non-traditional learners.
- Offer programs that promote personal health.
- Provide opportunities for recreational involvement.
- Encourage a healthy balance of self-esteem and humility.
- Develop individuals with a passion for social justice carried out through personal service to others.
- Develop lifelong learners who understand the necessity of setting and achieving goals.
- Develop critical thinkers who are socially and academically prepared to impact their world.
- Adhere to a philosophy of redemptive discipline that communicates a caring attitude toward those involved.
- Enhance student vocational pursuits and provide services to help students transition to the workplace.