Career Development at Geneva Promotes Faith & Trust
"What am I going to do with my life? How am I supposed to know what God wants me to do?" These are common questions that we hear in our office when students come for an appointment. Our team is equipped to encourage students with the Scripture, "′For I know the plans I have for you′, says the Lord…." We also strive to remind our students to focus on this year′s theme verse, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and He will direct your paths" (Proverbs 3:5-6). Hearing a reminder of God′s faithfulness, these students begin to take hold of the hope that God is moving in their lives.
Our team is intentional about building relationships with our students and equipping them to find and fulfill their calling and vocation. Through a variety of services, including career assessments; career coaching; resume and cover-letter writing; and graduate school, internship and job searches, our office provides the direction and focus these students need for their professional development. The Career Development Center is committed to offering programs that are designed to prepare students for the plans God has for them. By attending one of the many off-campus job fairs, participating in the networking and etiquette dinner, or attending the personal finance workshops, our students are given the resources that will shape not only their present, but also their future. Our team is here to assist our students-freshmen through seniors-as well as our alumni; we look forward to this spring semester with anticipation of all that God is going to do in and through our department.
- Career Development facilitates over 600 employer interactions for Geneva College students annually
- Career Development offers thousands of job and internship postings via our online database, Geneva Job Link
- Career Development has 500+ appointments a year, seeing as many underclassmen as upperclassmen
- Career Development currently offers MyPlan career assessments to help students determine how their values, personality and skills match with potential career options
- In years past, over 70% of our students completed internships and over 90% of our students have secured jobs or graduate school within six months of graduation
We encourage you, as parents, to peruse our programs, services and resources via our website: /career/career
Meet our staff: /career/career_contact_us
||Joy Doyle, Director
Beth Ann Mine, Office Coordinator
Sam Duguid, Career Advisor
Kettie Kneuss, Career Advisor
Financial Aid Webinar February 5:
Save the Date - Family Weekend 2014 on November 14 & 15